This blog serves as a quick Sidekick™ reference: We’ve linked to all the latest news and blogs all about the new Ekahau Sidekick™. Scroll down to find links to:
- Ekahau’s Updates
- Demo Videos
- Other blogs and podcasts sharing their own reviews of the Ekahau Sidekick™.
On September 7, 2017 Ekahau announced the launch of its new site survey device the Ekahau Sidekick™.
According to their Press Release …
Ekahau Sidekick™ is a comprehensive wireless design device that allows for faster measurement of wireless networks and provides best-in-class Wi-Fi spectrum analysis.
Highlights of the Ekahau Sidekick™
- “…allows for faster measurement of wireless networks and provides best-in-class Wi-Fi spectrum analysis.”
- “…dramatically streamlines the site survey process by replacing and outperforming the previously-used USB hubs providing greater reliability, accuracy and convenience….”
- “…makes the site survey process faster with state-of-the-art radios…”
- “…houses two enterprise-grade 802.11ac adapters previously only seen in enterprise Wi-Fi access points.”
- “…plug and play to get 2x faster site surveys, 4-10x faster spectrum analysis (compared to other Wi-Fi spectrum analyzers)”
- “…provides over eight hours of Wi-Fi site survey time.”
Read Ekahau’s full blog post all about the Sidekick HERE
Watch the Ekahau Sidekick™ product launch Webinar
Join Jussi Kiviniemi, Senior VP at Ekahau, and guests as he walks you through the journey to the development and final launch of the Sidekick.
A Deeper Dive into the Ekahau Sidekick™
Jussi demos the Sidekick in realtime
What Others Are Saying
Several Wireless LAN Professionals are sharing their own thoughts and reactions to the Sidekick.
Our own Keith Parsons, as an Ekahau Master, was able to be part of the launch process. He sat down with Blake Krone, and Sam Clements, two other Ekaha Masters to share their impressions about this cool new device.
You can listen to their conversation on either podcast:
- No Strings Attached Show | Episode 63: HERE
- Wireless LAN Professionals Podcast | Special Edition: HERE
This Changes the WLAN Site Survey Game
Lee Badman, on his blog WiredNot shares why he thinks the Ekahau Sidekick™ “changes the WLAN site survey game”.
“Whether a single Sidekick is shared among a couple of teams or several teams with a mix of Mac and Windows PCs all have Sidekicks, the new magic strips away all of the variability that came from a mixed bag of adapters at survey time while also providing long battery life (and a platform from which a slew of expected feature evolutions) which can only lead to better wireless when put in skilled hands.
And it looks darn pretty.”
Lee also wrote an another article for IT Toolbox titled “The WLAN Survey Fat is in the Fire- Ekahau Sidekick”
“Sidekick has the ability to be a game changer, if the market accepts its price point, warranty terms, and form factor…”
Your New Survey BFF
WiFi Nigel a.k.a Nigel Bowden highlights the weight, size, specs and many of the advantages he sees with the new Ekahau Sidekick™
“As a techie, I must admit to having found the SK disappointingly easy to use It literally is just a case of powering up the SK, connecting it via a single USB cable to your laptop and firing up your copy of Ekahau ESS. That’s it. Throw the SK over your shoulder and start surveying…”
Nigel also creates a nice Pros & Cons list… Here are some of the potential Cons he highlights:
- Hardware Support